Monday, September 1, 2008

MOONLIGHT SONATA

As the full moon rose
white mists over the Mathaburu hills*
spread across the black woods.
A small chalet appeared
with its oblong shadow,
A nocturnal bird rent the air twittering,
A frolicking wind blew over the silent chalet
murmuring in great pain.

And I saw you sitting before me
with a crown on your head
and a sceptre in your hand
as I saw you years back,
I held out my hand
as I did years back,
I called out as I did years back.
Years back the full moon shone on us,
the heavens sang to the osculants
as did the fairies greet us with giggles
and the woods swayed , sighing happiness
and the world was ours.

I called out but couldn't hear my voice,
I held out my hand but it didn't move,
You looked up at the floating moon
as if wishing to kiss it, and stood up.

The mists over Mathaburu hills
drew closer
and you melted away
in the white darkness.............

*********
* Mathaburu is a hill in Purulia.

No comments: